Recipe by Paige Redford
- ¼ cup macadamias
- ¼ cup pistachios
- 1 tsp ground turmeric
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- ¼ cup pumpkin seeds
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 large brown onion, finely chopped
- 1 litre veggie stock or bone broth/stock
- 1 cup water
- 1kg butternut pumpkin, chopped into chunks
- 500g sweet potato, chopped into chunks
- 1 1/2 cup coconut cream
- ¼ cup loosely packed fresh coriander leaves
- Reserve 2 tablespoons of coconut cream and set aside. Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium heat, cook onion, stirring until soft. Add water and stock into the pan; bring to the boil.
- Add chopped pumpkin and sweet potato to the pan; simmer, covered for 15-20 minutes. Season to taste. Allow soup to cool for 15 minutes before adding to your blender, alternatively use a stick blender.
- Add coconut cream into blender and puree the soup to the consistency you desire. Transfer soup back to saucepan and warm gently.
- In a food processor, process the dukkah ingredients until finely chopped.
- Ladle the soup into serving bowls; top with reserved coconut cream, coriander and turmeric dukkah